Roasted Cauliflower Soup
It’s winter in Australia and this soup is bound to warm the heart on a cold rainy night. I love roasted cauliflower and this roasted cauliflower soup with pine nuts, chilli and ginger is light but oh so tasty. Great that night but even better the next day, this soup is loaded with flavour and is a great hearty weeknight meal.
Serve it with crusty bread or do what I’ve done and bake some green wraps (tortillas) until nice and crunchy. Great for dipping and scooping this delicious roasted cauliflower soup.
There’s nothing better than chucking a heap of vegetables in a roasting pan and cooking them up ready for a yummy soup. I didn’t have any fresh ginger so I used powdered, but if you did have fresh ginger you could throw this in to roast with the rest of the ingredients. I like it gingery but it’s a personal preference.
Some chilli and garlic really helped to make the flavours pop in this one too. Add more chilli if you like it spicy, this recipe is pretty mild.
While I was in London recently I had a cauliflower steak and chips at a pub I went to. It was served with bbq sauce and it was absolutely delicious. I just love those caramelised bits that form on roasted cauliflower. So, so good. I can’t wait to make my own version of that soon with a delicious mushroom gravy. Keep an eye out for that recipe.
I’d love to hear if you give this roasted cauliflower soup a try. Leave a comment and let me know if you added any different herbs and spices to give it your own flavour.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Head Cauliflower a fairly large one
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Brown Onion
- 50 Grams Pine Nuts
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 1 Good Pinch Salt
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Preheat oven 200 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the cauliflower into pieces and the onion into quarters. Throw in a baking dish.
- I leave the garlic whole then squeeze it out when cooked but you could peel it now. Add to the baking dish.
- Add the olive oil and toss the ingredients until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until nice brown bits appear on the cauliflower and it's tender to touch.
- Meanwhile a medium pot over medium heat toast the pine nuts until golden and fragrant. Turn off heat until vegetables are ready.
- Once the veggies are roasted add the stock to the pot with pine nuts and bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetables (peel garlic if needed), chilli, ginger and salt to the pot and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use as tick blender to blend the soup as sooth as you'd like it.
- Serve warm with crusty bread of toasted tortillas.